As a kid, I grew up loving the Filipino sweet style spaghetti. In my mom’s side of the family, my mom makes the best spaghetti sauce, until I have my own version. My brother said so (love yah bro!). The difference is the much creamier sauce. I add Nestle cream to it! Actually, I learned about this trick from my university friend during one of our Christmas gatherings where we cooked spaghetti among other dishes.
I like to use ground beef and ground pork as they give a more diverse flavor. Some chopped fresh tomatoes too, for that fresh taste.
1 kg. spaghetti noodles
1/2 kg ground beef
1/2 kg ground pork
1 kg. Del Monte Filipino style spaghetti sauce
1/2 kg. Del Monte tomato sauce
1 small can Nestle cream
1/4 kg. hotdogs, diagonally sliced
2 red bell peppers, diced
2 large fresh tomatoes, diced
1 medium sized carrot, diced
2 medium sized onions, minced
1 head garlic, minced
3 tbps. olive oil
1/2 cup grated cheese
Seasoning (Salt, freshly ground black pepper)
1. Cook the pasta to al dente or firm but not soft.
2. Pan fry the hotdogs and set aside. I add them at the last so as they remain beefy, juicy and chewy.
3. In the same pan, saute garlic and onion in olive oil.
4. Add in ground beef and pork until color is no longer pink.
5. Add in red bell pepper, carrot and tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add in hotdogs and Nestle cream and simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Top pasta with sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
9. Goes well with toasted garlic and herb bread.